Hello Guest
No Avatar
Sign In to Remove
Posted: September 10, 2011, 2:45 AM
  • Group: Member
Please use the support section in the future but since this a small question...
If you have defined the logo image url in the theme settings then it should be picking it up.

You will have to reinstall the mod or add the appropriate modifications to the theme files.

The URL is definitely correct but is not being picked up, I am using a .gif, does it need to be of a certain size?
Posted: September 10, 2011, 3:22 AM
  • Group: Administrator
  • AIM: mlm@visualpulse.net
  • deviantART: MadLittleMods
  • Photobucket: MadLittleMods
Please screenshot the theme settings for me.
<3 Nerve, Sk8, Labradoodle, Austin
Posted: September 10, 2011, 3:56 AM
Please screenshot the theme settings for me.
Sure, here they are.

And this is the path to the logo http://www.bbclocalradioforum.co.uk/Themes/bbcforum2.gif
Posted: September 10, 2011, 9:07 AM
ugh, something I will have to fix tomorrow :(

I guess this is a bug so in the meantime edit the template with your image or just replace: http://yoursite.com/Themes/Vertex/images/vertex_image/banner_logo.png
Posted: September 10, 2011, 8:55 PM
ugh, something I will have to fix tomorrow :(

I guess this is a bug so in the meantime edit the template with your image or just replace: http://yoursite.com/Themes/Vertex/images/vertex_image/banner_logo.png

Cool, thanks very much, will try it later.
Posted: September 11, 2011, 4:25 AM
Hi again.  I've tried what you suggested an realised I'd need to adjust the logo size and to allow for the search box, so have made it 1007 X 71 pixels but it's not working quite right?  Any suggestions as to how I can left justify it?

Posted: September 11, 2011, 6:00 AM
Well that is more than a logo. That is a whole banner image.

You will have to set the background image of the middle section and have a little logo linked...
Posted: September 11, 2011, 3:16 PM
Well that is more than a logo. That is a whole banner image.

You will have to set the background image of the middle section and have a little logo linked...

Apologies, I don't mind admitting my ignorance as to what constitutes which.  How do I do what you suggest?
Posted: September 11, 2011, 11:47 PM
Change the background-image css on class:
.header_main

to your desired image. Also change background-repeat to "no-repeat" if you choose.

Then add <a href="adsf"> </a> tags around the whole .header_main div in index.template.php to link the whole mid section. You may also have to style the <a> tag with display: block;
Posted: September 13, 2011, 3:51 AM
Hi.  Thanks for that.  In the end I opted to shrink the banner/logo which in all honesty makes it look a lot better.

I had SA Facebook connect installed on my Curve theme which I uninstalled and then reinstalled but now with your theme the Connect With Facebook no longer appears on the front page of the forum, is there any way around this, it appears on the login screen correctly.

Also, I'd like to add a 'Follow us on Twitter' button somewhere, not sure where would be best or how to go about doing so?  Apologies for being a complete novice at all this!
Posted: September 13, 2011, 4:02 AM
Also, I just tried to install the 'Recent Topics On Board Index' mod which doesn't seem to have worked.

Should I assume that mods are not always going to work correctly as I am now using a non-standard theme?
Posted: September 13, 2011, 5:32 AM
Also, I just tried to install the 'Recent Topics On Board Index' mod which doesn't seem to have worked.

Should I assume that mods are not always going to work correctly as I am now using a non-standard theme?

Yes. But you can still manually install them. Just look at the code edits for the things it fails to change on the theme and do them one by one. Then you can just press install anyway and all the ones that could be done automatically will be completed along with the manual ones you did.

Posted: September 14, 2011, 2:07 PM
Hi,

Yes thanks for that, I’ve learnt something useful from that.  Got the Recent posts mod working.  The Facebook connect one seems to depend on the login boxes appearing on the front screen to be able to add the Connect using Facebook button.

Is there a reason why you have removed the login boxes from the front screen?  I am only thinking that from a users point of view, if they are used to logging in from the main forum page it is odd to force them to the login screen?  The vast majority of forums I’ve seen allow the user to login directly.  Is this something you would consider changing for this theme.

Also, where is the code that displays the social media icons in the top right of the screen, I’d like to add a follow us on Twitter button and think that would be the place to put it.

Thanks.
Posted: September 15, 2011, 2:05 AM
I removed the login from the from the main page because it looks bad. A link to login is more suitable and professional.

The icons are on index.template.php
Posted: September 15, 2011, 3:21 AM
Thanks, I've managed to add my Twitter button.

I don't disagree with you, I think it does look nicer but functionally, personally, I think it's an issue.  If I wanted to add to what's alredy there with a username and password box and login button (without the login period combo) I know I'd need to replace this:

$txt['vp_welcome_guest'] ,' <a href="', $scripturl ,'?action=login">', $txt['vp_login'] ,'</a> or <a href="', $scripturl ,'?action=register">', $txt['vp_register'] ,'</a>.

But what would I replace it with?
anything