Hello Guest
No Avatar
Sign In to Remove
Posted: February 21, 2012, 6:06 PM
  • Group: Member
How can I add recent posts like you did on the forum? That looks pretty awesome.
Posted: February 22, 2012, 2:35 AM
  • Group: Administrator
  • AIM: mlm@visualpulse.net
  • deviantART: MadLittleMods
  • Photobucket: MadLittleMods
You first need to create a function that calls the recent topics then once you have that info, simply edit the boardindex and loop through the data to display it.

I suggest looking at how the ssi function calls the recent topics.
<3 Nerve, Sk8, Labradoodle, Austin
Posted: June 13, 2012, 4:29 PM
HI MLM,

thank you so much for all the good work. I also enjoyed watching your videos on youtube

I would second the request here in this topic. if you have an extra time can you show us how to

1. create a function to call recent topics

2. make the beautiful modification with fade effect block for recent topics as you have it here in the forum

I know this might be a lot to ask, but I dont think it is difficult for you to explain as it is for me to understand from reading the whole ssi functions which I did and try and ended with complete failure lol

thanks
Posted: June 14, 2012, 3:01 AM
I would second the request here in this topic. if you have an extra time can you show us how to
1. create a function to call recent topics
2. make the beautiful modification with fade effect block for recent topics as you have it here in the forum

I know this might be a lot to ask, but I dont think it is difficult for you to explain as it is for me to understand from reading the whole ssi functions which I did and try and ended with complete failure lol

I will try to make these tutorials soon. I will split it up into two tutorials. One on how to mess with SSI functions and the other on how to make a beautiful expand/collapse block for it.
Posted: June 14, 2012, 4:49 AM
you rock man  :)

can wait for it
Posted: June 23, 2012, 2:31 AM
Posted: June 23, 2012, 2:54 AM
you are so awesome

I will definitely try it as soon as you get the second video done, and I finish preparing a new theme for my forum, hopefully the couple few days.

thanks mate 
anything