Hello Guest
No Avatar
Sign In to Remove
Posted: February 11, 2012, 7:25 PM  -- Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 7:28 PM by Atee
  • Group: Member
Well, I finally found something that I like more than Notepad++, and I believe that it makes coding faster and looks a hell of a lot sexier.

It's called Sublime 2. Sublime 2 is intended to eventually be purchased by the user; but you can continue to use it as long as you want without paying the $50 price.  I don't really know what to call it, but  it has 'text prediction', basically like it can predict the string you're going to type; so if you forgot how to lay down the syntax properly in how it was intended to be typed; you have a nice reminder. You can also use your arrow keys to scroll through the options and press enter to insert the pre-made line of code in which you simply customize to your liking.

There is also a mass array of languages it supports with all of the features I mentioned above.

You can download it here.
Posted: February 11, 2012, 11:30 PM
Hey thanks for sharing that bud.
Posted: February 12, 2012, 5:38 AM
  • Group: Administrator
  • AIM: mlm@visualpulse.net
  • deviantART: MadLittleMods
  • Photobucket: MadLittleMods
Cool, I also found that cloud 9 is a great web based editor. It has tabbing and untabbing

http://c9.io/
<3 Nerve, Sk8, Labradoodle, Austin
Posted: February 12, 2012, 5:42 AM
Cool, I also found that cloud 9 is a great web based editor. It has tabbing and untabbing

http://c9.io/

Sounds nice, but I'd view it sort of iffy of someone having my code uploaded to their cloud server. Imagine if the service got exploited?
Posted: February 12, 2012, 5:45 AM
Sounds nice, but I'd view it sort of iffy of someone having my code uploaded to their cloud server. Imagine if the service got exploited?

If you upgrade your account you can create private projects. They seem very professional and encrypt things.
Posted: February 20, 2012, 2:14 AM
  • deviantART: Imperiousnel
  • MSN: Pirate_King0@hotmail.com
  • Photobucket: Nelo_Angelo1
I just use Netbeans and Dw, but I like the color of that. Looks alittle like Chrome
Posted: February 23, 2012, 1:50 PM
Checked out Sublime 2, it's pretty nice and slick, but considering the $60 price tag, I will have to stick with my notepad++ for now =).

I did really like the interface for Sublime though, but it's easily mimicked with Notepad++ themes and removing the extra icons.
Posted: February 23, 2012, 9:44 PM
Checked out Sublime 2, it's pretty nice and slick, but considering the $60 price tag, I will have to stick with my notepad++ for now =).

I did really like the interface for Sublime though, but it's easily mimicked with Notepad++ themes and removing the extra icons.

Can never beat free  ::)

I have been using plain n++ for a while. What themes do you suggest for it?
Posted: February 25, 2012, 3:29 AM
Can never beat free  ::)

I have been using plain n++ for a while. What themes do you suggest for it?

well you can customize it to what suits you best, but for me, I'm currently just using the Obsidian theme that came pre-installed, it's got a soft mix to it, I find bright text on a pure black background to be pretty annoying too. It's just easier on the eyes when you've been staring at codes for a few hours.