Hello Guest
No Avatar
Sign In to Remove
Posted: June 11, 2011, 9:10 PM
  • Group: Member
  • deviantART: Imperiousnel
  • MSN: Pirate_King0@hotmail.com
  • Photobucket: Nelo_Angelo1
Well, I think I've finally learned enough to build a website lol. I know about the Cms part, and Ftp. But im still learning server side like Apachi. Basically, I really want to get a website started for my portfolio. So far, ive only been hearing about websites that only allows me use someone else's templates or layout. I want to start something that allows me to make my own framework/layout. Anyone mind helping me with this situation?

Posted: June 12, 2011, 12:14 AM
  • Group: Administrator
  • AIM: mlm@visualpulse.net
  • deviantART: MadLittleMods
  • Photobucket: MadLittleMods
First off, Any system that allows other peoples layouts means you can build your own... How do you think they are building them.

I would start to learn PHP right now.

If you want a pretty nice template system, then I suggest SMF because its basically all I use. Although it is a forum system you can just make your theme and make custom pages like how I did my homepage or if you were here before the theme update, the affiliates, and contact page. And.. it has a awesome user system if you happen to need one later on.

If you want me to make some tutorials on something, please feel free to ask  ;D
<3 Nerve, Sk8, Labradoodle, Austin
Posted: July 3, 2011, 7:14 PM
  • Group: Member
  • deviantART: Imperiousnel
  • MSN: Pirate_King0@hotmail.com
  • Photobucket: Nelo_Angelo1
Alittle late, but thanks. I downloaded Smf RC5, and it would be nice having a tutorial on how to setup it up. I can make my own layout in Ps, but I need to take your suggestion and learn php.  ::)
Posted: July 4, 2011, 8:06 AM
  • Group: Administrator
  • AIM: mlm@visualpulse.net
  • deviantART: MadLittleMods
  • Photobucket: MadLittleMods
Alittle late, but thanks. I downloaded Smf RC5, and it would be nice having a tutorial on how to setup it up. I can make my own layout in Ps, but I need to take your suggestion and learn php.  ::)

lol, I wasn't late and I answered less than a day after the initial post. Download the new SMF 2.0 Gold which is the latest and solid release and tell me if you need any tuts with it as I will be happy to make.
<3 Nerve, Sk8, Labradoodle, Austin