Hello Guest
No Avatar
Sign In to Remove
Posted: July 10, 2012, 8:09 AM  -- Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 9:10 AM by MLM
  • Group: Member
I currently have SMF 2.0.2 installed on my site and I am utilizing the Vertex theme.  I have pretty much got everything setup and modified the way I want it, but one thing is simply kicking my butt and I can't figure it out...

The drop down menu from the navigation bar retains the original coloring from the Vertex theme and I can't figure out why it hasn't changed to the new color I have chosen.

From what I can gather from looking at the code, it shows that the background of this drop down menu should be a PNG image named menu_gfx.png

I have copied and modified this image to get the colors that I wanted and saved it as a PNG image before uploading.  Everything that utilizes this image has changed it's color except for the drop down menu in the nav bar.  (If I hadn't added additional navigation to show on the front end of the site it wouldn't have been a problem since I think only the backend has a drop down menu.  But since I added the additional navigation to the front end, I really need to figure out how to get it to change over)

Thanks in advance
Posted: July 10, 2012, 8:40 AM
  • Group: Administrator
  • AIM: mlm@visualpulse.net
  • deviantART: MadLittleMods
  • Photobucket: MadLittleMods
In the css

Look at:
Code: [Select]
ul.topnav li ul.subnav
and for the hover:
Code: [Select]
html ul.topnav li ul.subnav li:hover
<3 Nerve, Sk8, Labradoodle, Austin
Posted: July 10, 2012, 8:54 AM
Hi and Thanks MLM,

I am not that familiar with working with code, can you give me an idea of what I need to change...  Will I be changing a hexadecimal color code or do I need to change something for it to identify the menu_gfx.png image? 
Posted: July 10, 2012, 9:11 AM
It has nothing to do with an image.

This is completely CSS in index.css

You will search and find those selectors and change the background property which is a hex code.
Posted: July 10, 2012, 9:12 AM
Hey MLM, I found it and got it changed!!!  Man, if you only knew how long I have been trying to resolve that....  Thank you very much and btw, awesome theme!!!
Posted: July 10, 2012, 9:19 AM
Hey MLM, I found it and got it changed!!!  Man, if you only knew how long I have been trying to resolve that....  Thank you very much and btw, awesome theme!!!

No problem. Come back with any further questions and I am glad you are enjoying it.