Hello Guest
No Avatar
Sign In to Remove
Posted: November 10, 2012, 4:22 PM  -- Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 6:53 PM by Venom777
  • Group: Member
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/cadenceissue.png/ - link to screenshot.
cyberpunk - direct link to my forums.

I looked around your forum, but couldn't find anything else about this problem I've been having where random forums push the last post part over to the right.   Yesterday it was the welcome board that was pushed across, but now its a different ones, like it just fixed itself when I left the site and now I'm posting again today the problem comes back.

-The screenshot was taken in firefox, but the issue seems the same in IE.
-I have tried re-installing the theme, but no change.
-I have tried moving boards and deleting boards, but still the problem persists.
-I have tried deleting the description for the board, but no change.

It would be a shame to stop using it, because its perfect for my forums.
What can I do to fix this?  Does it not work well with SMF 2.0.2?   :(
Posted: November 11, 2012, 2:53 AM
  • Group: Administrator
  • AIM: mlm@visualpulse.net
  • deviantART: MadLittleMods
  • Photobucket: MadLittleMods
I do not see any issue unless...

If you are talking about the difference in width of the last post block then that is because of the date.

For example. The welcome board has
Code: [Select]
on November 09, 2012, 07:23:42 AM and Enchantments has
on Today at 10:07:05 AM
It just has to do with if it prints the relative day like "Today" or "Yesterday" or the full month, etc.

The only way to fix that issue is to add some css and a fixed width to .boardindex_board_lastpost
white-space: nowrap;
overflow: hidden;
text-overflow: ellipsis;

width: 200px;
<3 Nerve, Sk8, Labradoodle, Austin
Posted: November 11, 2012, 4:02 PM
  • Group: Member
oh, this is interesting!  I think you're right it is when the last post says "today" that it pushes it across, didn't think of that.

I have not seen this happen with other themes, but at least now I can change the setting so it displays the full date of the last post and hopefully won't cause anymore alignment issues.  Thanks.