Code: [Select]
<?php
if ($context['user']['is_guest'])
{
ssi_login();
}
else
{
//You can show other stuff here.  Like ssi_welcome().  That will show a welcome message like.
//Hey, username, you have 552 messages, 0 are new.
ssi_logout();
}
?>

<3 Nerve, Sk8, Labradoodle, Austin
Posted: September 16, 2011, 2:06 AM
  • Group: Member
Ok thanks for that but it doesn't really work, that just gives you the standard login boxes.  I want them to lay horizontally.  So I've found the code and changed it so its just sitting in columns as below.  It works fine except that the text is coloured grey.  How do I change it to white like the rest of the theme. Additionally how do I make the bar at the top of the screen a few pixels deeper vertically?  Thanks.

Code: [Select]
<form action="', $scripturl, '?action=login2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '">
<table border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" class="ssi_table">
<tr>
<td align="right">', $txt['vp_welcome_guest'], '</td>
<td align="right">', $txt['vp_login'], ':&nbsp;</td>
<td align="right">', $txt['username'], ':&nbsp;</td>
<td><input type="text" id="user" name="user" size="9" value="', $user_info['username'], '" class="input_text" /></td>
                <td align="right">', $txt['password'], ':&nbsp;</td>
<td><input type="password" name="passwrd" id="passwrd" size="9" class="input_password" /></td>
                <td><input type="hidden" name="cookielength" value="-1" /></td>
                 <td><input type="submit" value="', $txt['login'], '" class="button_submit" /></td>

</tr>
</table>
</form>';
Posted: September 16, 2011, 2:19 AM
  • Group: Administrator
  • AIM: mlm@visualpulse.net
  • deviantART: MadLittleMods
  • Photobucket: MadLittleMods
I do not recommend using tables and instead use floated divs but whatever...

ummmm I would have to see your forum to see what css is exactly affecting those input tags but I would suggest just adding a class to them <input class="sadlkjahsasdf" ........

and then style it with css(put in index.css):
.sadlkjahsasdf
{
     color: #000000;
}

You can make the top bar deeper but you would also have to make a new background image to fill that space up. Just change .header_topbar to the desired height in the css and replace images/vertex_image/topbar_bg.png with the new the background image that has the desired height as well.
Posted: September 16, 2011, 3:40 AM
  • Group: Member
Thanks for that, I'm no expert but can muddle through, I lifted most of that code from the ssi_login method, I have no experience of floated divs or much of this stuff I code Java.  I'll try your suggestion with the input class.  If you can supply a better solution than the one I'm using I'll happily use it, you're the expert and that's why I asked you :-)
NANCY_COLLINS
Posted: October 8, 2011, 5:31 PM
  • Group: Guest
Hi MLM and darcysarto i am new to this forum but has gone through a lot of threads there really is an interesting stuff. I just wanted to say that can you pls mail me the code so that will be easy for me to use. Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted: October 9, 2011, 1:37 AM
  • Group: Administrator
  • AIM: mlm@visualpulse.net
  • deviantART: MadLittleMods
  • Photobucket: MadLittleMods
Hi MLM and darcysarto i am new to this forum but has gone through a lot of threads there really is an interesting stuff. I just wanted to say that can you pls mail me the code so that will be easy for me to use. Thanks in advance for your help.

uhhh