Hello Guest
No Avatar
Web Design  »  
Web Questions  »  
Sign In to Remove
Posted: May 13, 2013, 4:24 AM
  • Group: Member
Hi I am wanting to post this at the bottom of the page before the SMF copyright still in the white bit of the Vertex theme.

"Domestic Cricket Forum is an unmoderated community, and thus we do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted upon this website. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information available. The views expressed are those of the individual members and not necessarily those of Domestic Cricket Forum. By using and viewing this site, you agree to the full site terms and conditions. Copyright © 2013. Domestic Cricket Forum"

Please could you advise on how to do this.

Thanks
Posted: May 14, 2013, 10:12 AM
  • Group: Administrator
  • AIM: mlm@visualpulse.net
  • deviantART: MadLittleMods
  • Photobucket: MadLittleMods
Put that chunk at the bottom of #content_section in index.template.php.
<3 Nerve, Sk8, Labradoodle, Austin
Posted: May 15, 2013, 3:08 AM
I did this and it said there was a T string error
Posted: May 15, 2013, 7:23 AM
I did this and it said there was a T string error

Make sure you put it inside the echo ' <div>somewhere here....</div><div>more stuff...</div> ';
Posted: May 16, 2013, 1:37 AM
So like this?

<div>Domestic Cricket Forum is an unmoderated community, and thus we do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted upon this website. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information available. The views expressed are those of the individual members and not necessarily those of Domestic Cricket Forum. By using and viewing this site, you agree to the full site terms and conditions. Copyright © 2013. Domestic Cricket Forum</div>
Posted: May 16, 2013, 1:45 AM
Doesn't have to be in a div, just inside the single quotes. Just try it.
Posted: May 16, 2013, 2:06 AM  -- Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 2:29 AM by MLM
I put this but it still says T String Error

Code: [Select]
      // The main content should go here.
      echo '
      <div id="content_section"><div class="frame">
         <div id="main_content_section">';

// Custom banners and shoutboxes should be placed here, before the linktree.

'Domestic Cricket Forum is an unmoderated community, and thus we do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted upon this website. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information available. The views expressed are those of the individual members and not necessarily those of Domestic Cricket Forum. By using and viewing this site, you agree to the full site terms and conditions. Copyright © 2013. [url=http://www.domesticcricketforum.com/index.php]Domestic Cricket Forum[/url]'

// Show the navigation tree.
      theme_linktree();
}
Posted: May 16, 2013, 2:29 AM  -- Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 2:31 AM by MLM
You are not putting it inside the quotes. You are putting it after the ';

It should look like

// The main content should go here.
      echo '
      <div id="content_section"><div class="frame">
         <div id="main_content_section">

Domestic Cricket Forum is an unmoderated community, and thus we do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted upon this website. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information available. The views expressed are those of the individual members and not necessarily those of Domestic Cricket Forum. By using and viewing this site, you agree to the full site terms and conditions. Copyright © 2013. Domestic Cricket Forum';

// Show the navigation tree.
      theme_linktree();
}
Posted: May 16, 2013, 2:46 AM
I have done that but it has placed it at the top of my forum

Is there a way to put this at the bottom of the forum?
Posted: May 16, 2013, 3:18 AM
This is going to sound demeaning but isn't that logical for you? I only fixed the example you gave to me.

If you want it at the bottom put it at the end of that div. Everything is indented to show you where each element begins and ends. Look for </div> that is in the same indention.

You want to put it inside #main_content_section, not just inside at the top of it but right above its matching </div>.

Posted: May 16, 2013, 3:21 AM
Ah right sorry I should have been more specific
Posted: May 17, 2013, 1:13 AM
So to get it in the desired place at the bottom of the page under the Shoutbox what code will it need to go after?
Posted: May 17, 2013, 1:46 AM  -- Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 1:48 AM by MLM
So to get it in the desired place at the bottom of the page under the Shoutbox what code will it need to go after?

There is no magic code to put it at the bottom. You need to physically move that quote to the _below functions where you want it.

It seems that you aren't using your brain or thinking clearly on what the code is doing. Don't take the knee jerk reaction and come back to post "what do I need to do?". Just take a step back and try to decipher where you need to put it.
Posted: May 17, 2013, 2:19 AM
Well to be honest, I am a novice at coding so that it probably why it seems like i am not "using my brain"
Posted: May 17, 2013, 2:34 AM  -- Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 2:40 AM by MLM
Well to be honest, I am a novice at coding so that it probably why it seems like i am not "using my brain"

I have no problem with level of skill, just how much you are trying on your own.

You are going to want to put it in the function template_body_below(). Now before you open up the answer see if you know what to do.

Here are some hints. You need to put the quote inside #main_content_section but at the bottom of it. Find the matching </div> in template_body_below() and put your quote right above that.

Alright (now that you have tried), the top of that function should look like this:
[spoiler]
function template_body_below()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $modSettings;

echo '
<div>
Domestic Cricket Forum is an unmoderated community, and thus we do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted upon this website. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information available. The views expressed are those of the individual members and not necessarily those of Domestic Cricket Forum. By using and viewing this site, you agree to the full site terms and conditions. Copyright © 2013. Domestic Cricket Forum
</div>
</div>
</div></div>';
[/spoiler]